Friday, May 24, 2013

Granny Up For Oklahoma (Updated!)



Oh, my goodness. I honestly cannot believe the response I've had for this project! It makes me so excited to hear everyone's kind remarks. Thank you so much!

I know there have been a few questions, so let me answer a few here:

  • Please feel free to make the insides as colorful as you chose. The only thing I'm really particular about is that the fourth round is white. Again, the only reason I do ask for the white border is because it will help to add some control.
  • While it may be best to gauge the yarn according to the label, just try to make sure it's around 4x4. I personally gauge a little looser, and I know everyone is different.
    • *Update: I understand that some are having their squares come out to be 5x5. You can still submit these at this size. I'll be making both afghans and baby blankets and can group the similar sizes together. 
  • At this point, there's no set time limit. When this changes, I'll post it here. I am working to get the finished afghans in a trailer already heading down, but if I need to make the drive myself, I absolutely will. 


Please let me know if you have any additional questions. I'll be making a flyer for those who want to download and share, but it may be later on this weekend. Be on the lookout! 

Also, please feel free to share any progress on Twitter/Instagram with the hashtag of #grannyupforoklahoma. I'm pretty excited to creep on these! And you can always upload pictures to the Facebook page. 

Thank you so much! 


No comments:

Post a Comment